Baked Zucchini and Tomato with Mozzarella is the ideal recipe for South Beach Diet. To prepare this dish you need zucchini, onion, garlic, tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese.
Baked Zucchini and Tomato with Mozzarella is a very healthy food. This recipe is low in calories and high in fiber.
- 7 cups zucchini (sliced )
- 1 onion (sliced )
- 1 clove garlic (chopped )
- 3 tomatoes (sliced )
- 7 ounces Mozzarella cheese (grated )
- salt and ground black pepper
- Cook the zucchini in batches in a pan over a moderate heat. Put them to one side.
- Cook the onions until they are soft. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for another few minutes.
- Put the zucchini back in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to 355 degrees F. Put the zucchini mixture into a baking pan and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the mixture. Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.