How to make beef in gravy in Dutch oven? It is easy and very tasty!
Select any roast you want for Beef in Gravy. You don’t need a quality cut —just choose the roast that is the best buy. When you are through with it, it will taste like a choice cut.
Figure 1/2 pound for each adult and 1/4 pound for each child.
Place the Dutch oven over the heat. Make sure it is as level as possible.
Place your roast in the oven. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until tender (approximately 1 1/2 hours for a medium-sized roast).
When the roast is tender, transfer it to the cutting board. Remove fat and bones, then slice meat into serving pieces. Thicken the juice from the meat with flour (remove the oven from coals to do this— it will reduce the chance of lumps forming).
Return the oven to the heat, bring to boil and put cut pieces of roast in the gravy mixture. Let simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve Beef in Gravy over rice, potatos or noodles.
Beef in Gravy in Dutch Oven
This is a very simple basic Beef in Gravy recipe. Try it for your lunch! The taste of this dish is simply amazing! You can experiment with spices and other ingredients.
- 2 pounds beef
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp flour
- Place the Dutch oven over the heat. Place your roast in the oven.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until tender (approximately 1 1/2 hours for a medium-sized roast).
- Transfer meet to the cutting board and remove fat and bones, then slice meat into serving pieces.
- Thicken the juice from the meat with flour. Return meat to the oven and let simmer 5 to 10 minutes.