Lasagna is a very popular Italian one-pot pasta dish oozing with sauces and containing either ground meat or vegetables and sometimes both. It’s definitely not a dish for you if you are on a diet as lasagna is packed full of calories and is hearty and wholesome.
So how to choose the best lasagna recipe? Believe me, there are a lot out there, so it can be confusing. However, we are here to help you choose a suitable lasagna recipe for your needs. Perhaps you are a vegetarian or vegan? Don’t worry; there are plenty of lasagna recipes that are suitable. For example, vegetable lasagna.
Maybe you are worried that it’s too complicated a dish to make because of all the different layers. However, we have found simple lasagna recipes that will be easy to prepare.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading our best lasagna recipe and are inspired to bake it. As you have seen lasagna recipes can be simple, but are nevertheless just as delicious as the more complicated ones. Also, try a Mexican lasagna. This is a very tasty dish!
Best Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef or you can substitute turkey, pork or lamb if you want
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 onion
- 24 oz marinara sauce a sauce made of tomatoes, herbs, onions and garlic
- 1 cup water
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 12 lasagna noodles wide and flat sheets of pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the meat in a skillet. Add sliced onion, 1 tbsp. of the oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Cook this until the onion is soft.
- Add the water and the marinara sauce to the meat mixture and bring to the boil. Simmer until the sauce becomes thick and then take it off from the heat.
- Mix together the parmesan and ricotta cheese, together with the eggs, the rest of the oregano and salt and pepper. If you want, you can use basil instead of the oregano. Both have delicious taste. Perhaps use both for a real Italian flavor.
- The next step is to start layering. Put some of the meat sauce on the bottom of an oven-proof dish. The reason for putting the meat in first is to stop the lasagna noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Next put on 3 lasagna noodles. These days you can buy lasagna noodles which don’t need pre-cooking. The next layer is the ricotta mix and ¼ cup of mozzarella. Continue doing this until everything is used up. You should end with the creamy ricotta mix.
- Bake at 375F for 1 hour and then it’s ready to serve. A nice healthy green salad goes well with this lasagna recipe.