Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is filled with a simple broccoli cheese mixture, seared in a skillet, then baked to perfection.
It is a super easy dinner recipe! Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is going in my normal menu rotation!pinterestBroccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast has been a recipe I’ve been wanting to make always and now that I’ve made it, I wish I would have made it sooner!
This Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast could not be any easier to make! Just mix the broccoli and cheese mixture in a bowl and stuff inside the chicken!
Tips for making this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Chop your broccoli florets nice and small so they can all fit inside the chicken
- Pick large chicken breasts
- Don’t cut your chicken breast all the way through, just enough to create a pocket
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can sear the chicken in a skillet first, then transfer to an oven-safe dish
- What to serve with Stuffed Chicken
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic powder. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breasts, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling.
- For the filling, place the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess water. To the dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined, then divide the mixture between the chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet), over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover skillet with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15- 17 minutes, or until chicken reads 165 degrees. Let rest, covered for 5 minutes before enjoying.