The Most Amazing Brownie Cookie
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (60-70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecans (chopped, optional)
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- For The Most Amazing Brownie Cookie melt the bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in a heavy saucepan over low, stirring constantly until melted and combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugars, vanilla, baking powder, and salt on high for 5 minutes, or until the batter is thick and creamy.
- Don’t cut this step short! The cookies will be too thin and won’t have the shiny exterior if you cut the mixing short.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and stream in the melted chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder just until combined.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoon scoops of dough (medium cookie scoop). Bake for about 8-10 minutes. The middles should look soft and a little underdone but the edges should be set.
- Since oven temps can vary, you may find that you need to increase the baking time.