This chicken salad recipe with cucumbers is ideal for sandwiches or on top of a green salad. In this salad you can use homemade mayo or yogurt. Put some curry powder to the mayo and flavor will be great! In yogurt you can add Dijon and lemon juice.
After cooking the chicken, the salad comes together in only about 15 minutes! And you can cook chicken in many different ways. Roasting is ensures flavorful, juicy chicken for the salad.
There are so many chicken recipes. Busick for most chicken meals is chicken breasts. And now we show you how to make the ultimate juicy delicious chicken for the salad. Chicken for salad in the pan For this recipe prefer organic chicken breast. It hasn’t been pumped full of hormones and it’s much easier to…
The addition of fresh cucumbers and dill, seedless sweet grapes and almonds makes this chicken salad so amazing. If you want, you can add also dried cranberries, capers, sliced apples, cashews or peanuts. And you get different variants of this salt! But remember, cucumbers and chicken is the base.
Ingredients for chicken salad recipe
- 4 lbs chicken fillet
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 medium-size cucumber, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Instructions for chicken salad recipe
- Put a layer of plastic wrap down over a cutting board, lay down the chicken breast and put another layer of plastic wrap on top.
- Use a meat mallet to pound this chicken thin. Remove the plastic wrap. Add some salt and pepper on both sides. Fry chicken on a pan four minutes on the first side and three minutes on the second side. Take it out of the pan. Move it to a clean platter and cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cucumber, grapes, almonds, scallions and herbs. Add lemon juice and mustard. Mix lightly.
- Add the mayo, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Mix lightly again.
In this chicken salad recipe serve it on bread or in croissants or simple with green leaf lettuce.