Chinese chicken stir fry recipe with spring onion. For this recipe take cube chicken thigh fillets, cut 2 cm length spring onions, quartered white onion, chopped cloves of garlic, sliced thinly a knob of ginger about the size of a thumb, light and dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, brown sugar, pepper and salt.
For chicken stir fry recipe marinade the chicken with 1 tablespoon of soya sauce, the corn or potato starch, and a dash of pepper. Leave it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Heat up a pan with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. When hot, add the chicken pieces and brown them all over.
Move the chicken to one end of the pan and toss in the garlic and ginger and stir fry till fragrant. Mix the chicken in when fragrant.
Next, add in the onions and stir fry them till the cloves are separated, then add in the spring onions.
Combine all the remaining sauce; light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and add a little water so that the corn starch on the chicken starts to dilute a little to form a sauce. Now, add in the brown sugar and combine well.
Turn off the heat and pop a lid to cover the pan for 1-2 minutes. Serve chicken stir fry recipe it while hot with rice.
Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2cm length
- 1/2 white onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- A knob of ginger about the size of a thumb sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of corn/potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown/raw sugar
- dash of pepper and salt
- Cooking oil