Dutch Oven Pot Roast is great for outdoor cooking. A hearty hot dish will delight you with its taste. Do not be afraid that cooking takes 3-5 hours. The time of your efforts is no more than 15 minutes.
Everything else is the work of fire and cast iron. You just have to watch that the fire does not flare up too much or that does not go out.
Here is the basic recipe. But you can change the recipe depending on the products and personal preferences. The last sentence gives some ideas on how to do this.
You can add to your Dutch Oven Pot Roast dried vegetables, green or red peppers, one or more garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, or additional seasonings for a personal taste.Print
Dutch Oven Pot Roast
This is a dutch oven camping pot roast recipe that is ideal for outdoor cooking as the main beef dish. Easy and quick to cook in traditional cast iron dutch oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 300 minutes
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 3 lb rump ( or pot roast )
- 3 carrots ((medium) peeled and cut into 11/2" pieces)
- 1/2 c water (or beef broth)
- 3 potatoes ((medium) peeled, quartered)
- 2 onions (quartered )
- salt and pepper
- Braise roast until brown on all sides in a small amount of oil.
- Add vegetables, broth, and seasonings.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 hours or until meat reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Optional: you can add a package of dried onion soup, green peppers, 1 clove minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, or additional seasonings for a personal taste.