Ham casserole starts with leftover ham, cauliflower rice, and broccoli. Total comfort food. Pack this casserole with veggies and it will be low carb and makes a healthy dinner the whole family loves.
I get so tired of a chunk of meat and a couple of side dishes for dinner. It seems so much easier to get creative and make new things when you turn them into a casserole!
This ham and cheese casserole totally satisfied my casserole craving and it’s low carb! Total win! This recipe is great with leftover ham, which I seem to have on hand often. Ham is a great low carb dinner and we make it often – it’s not just a holiday thing in my house!
If you don’t have leftover ham you can purchase the little bag of diced ham to use for this.
How to make Ham Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
The base of this casserole starts with cauliflower rice. I like to purchase the bags of frozen cauliflower rice for this because it makes this a super quick and easy weeknight dinner, but you can totally toss some cauliflower florets in your food processor and make your own cauliflower rice.
Steam or microwave your cauliflower rice and some broccoli florets. Pre-cooking the veggies before they go into the casserole means that things won’t get overly watery and will cook perfectly in the oven.
Add your cooked cauliflower rice and broccoli to a large mixing bowl along with some ham, shredded cheddar, eggs, some mustard powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix it all up and pour it into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle on some extra cheese for good measure. This bakes up in a 350-degree oven in just 30 minutes.
What comes out is a delicious, cheesy ham casserole that’s packed with veggies and flavor.
Ham Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
- 16 ounces riced cauliflower
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 cups diced ham
- 3 cups grated cheddar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower and broccoli until cooked through and tender.
- Add the steamed cauliflower rice and broccoli to a large bowl with the ham, 2 1/2 cups cheddar, egg, and spices. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.