Pasta with Shrimp it is low fat, healthy food. I made this super simple pasta (which I think may not look as promisingly tasty when you read the ingredients list) but I promise you it is vice versa!
I cannot believe how simple things like lemon juice when accompanied by savory feta cheese would deliver such a complex flavor.Print
Pasta with Shrimp
Because everything in life is better with pasta.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
200 g shrimp (peeled and deveined)
200 g chicken breast meat
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
250 g spaghetti
250 g cherry tomatoes halved
100gram feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cup spinach leaves
3 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken breast in and cooked them until browned. Remove chicken meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook shrimp and garlic until shrimp is pink. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
- While pasta is cooking, cook tomatoes and mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until tender, 10 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with chicken, shrimp, tomato sauce and squeeze in the lemon juice. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach leaves in and toss it well with the pasta to slightly wilt the leaves. Next, add in crumbled feta cheese. Serve hot.