Pork chilli fry recipe is a simple stir fry recipe. It also calls Thai Chilli Jam aka Nam Prik Pao stir fry pork with eggplant.
Nam Prik Pao is the famous Thai Chilli Paste used in many Thai dishes i.e. tom yum, fried rice, stir fry dishes, dipping sauces and many others.
The main ingredient of the paste is obviously, dry red chillies and often it is mixed with dried shrimp and shrimp paste. The chilli paste is bottled in soy bean oil and can be found in many Asian supermarkets these days.
Ingredients for Pork Chilli Fry Recipe are simple: pork fillet, chilli jam, fish sauce, eggplant, capsicum, garlic and other spices.Print
Pork Chilli Fry Recipe
This is simple Pork Chilli Fry Recipe with eggplant. Classic casual Thai food.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Thai
- 500 g pork fillet (cut into small strips)
- 200 g eggplant (cut into strips)
- 1 capsicum (cut into strips)
- 1 tbsp Chilli Jam
- 2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- Heat the oil in a wok. When hot, add garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add pork and fry until lightly browned approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chilli jam and enough stock to moisten.
- Add the fish sauce and palm sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in the eggplant, kaffir lime leaves and capsicum, place a lid of the wok to soften the vegetables, approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.