Russian salad is one of Russia’s most famous exports and it is enjoyed all over the world. Amongst other ingredients, it contains diced potato, peas, pickles, eggs, some type of meat and mayonnaise.
This is a very traditional dish eaten on New Year’s Eve.
- 1 pound bologna
- 3 potatoes (medium sized)
- 3 carrots (medium sized)
- 6 eggs
- 1 can sweet peas (15 ounce )
- 6 pickled cucumbers (medium sized)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes, carrots and eggs and cool to room temperature.
- Wash the dill and green onions.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut them into small cubes.
- Drain the liquid from the tin of peas and mix them in a bowl with the potatoes and carrots.
- Peel the eggs, chop and add to the bowl.
- Chop the bologna, dice the pickled cucumbers, chop the dill, and slice the onions. Add to the bowl.
- Put in as much mayonnaise, salt and pepper as you want and stir to combine all the ingredients.