Sauerkraut Recipe in an Oak Barrel
This is a sauerkraut recipe with carrots that is popular in Eastern Europe. This is the number of products per 15-liter barrel.
- 10 kg Cabbage
- 1 kg Carrot
- 200 g Salt
- 50 g Sugar
- Black pepper and bay leaves
- Finely sliced cabbage
- Peel and grate carrots
- Mix cabbage and carrots with salt and sugar.
- layered with black pepper and bay leaves. Tamp tightly in a barrel. Press down and left to ferment.
- From time to time, pierce the cabbage with a long stick to release the gases that accumulate during fermentation.
- You can try sauerkraut in 3 days.
Calories: 3104kcal | Carbohydrates: 726g | Protein: 137g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 80007mg | Potassium: 20200mg | Fiber: 278g | Sugar: 417g | Vitamin A: 176860IU | Vitamin C: 3719mg | Calcium: 4378mg | Iron: 51mg