This summer bean salad recipe is perfect for a picnic, as a side with bbq or for a meal at home. This salad is colorful and easy to make. No cooking–just cut-ups and homemade fresh dressing.
Summer Bean Salad
Healthy salad with sweet pepper, eggplant, red onion, tomatoes, and cannellini beans. Ideal for lunch or dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 eggplant chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 14 ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp oregano dried
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 bunch basil chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the pepper, eggplant and onion. Fry the slices in the olive oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Chop the tomatoes and take out the seeds. Put them in the frying pan together with the oregano and garlic. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans and warm them through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the parsley, basil and lemon zest.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. A tasty addition would be goat’s cheese or feta cheese put on top of the salad.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1905IU | Vitamin C: 87.4mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.8mg