If you like potato, but try not to eat them very often due to dietary issues, boy have I got a recipe for you – Sweet Potato Skins BBQ!
One day while getting ready for supper, I looked in my pantry and discovered some sweet potatoes I didn’t realize I had in there. I was already planning on bbq’ing some chicken and I thought… hmmmm, let’s try it, sweet potato skins.
I grabbed the sweet potatoes, cleaned them up, sliced them thing and tossed them on the bbq. With fresh chives from the garden, cheese and bacon bits. I tempted fate to reinvent a healthier version of potato skins.
Of course, if you are expecting the typical potato skin bite, you aren’t going to get it. The flavor of the sweet potato enhances the potato skin experience and takes the flavor to a whole new level. Forget the old school potato, jump on board with the potato and its sweet flavor profile.Print
Sweet Potato Skins
- Category: BBQ
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 6 sprigs chives
- 3 tbsp bacon bits
- 1/4–1/2 cup Tex Mex shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Oil (avocado, olive, grapeseed-any will work)
- Fire up the bbq.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin slices and place them on the top rack of the bbq.
- Brush the potatoes with a thin layer of oil.
- Grill until potatoes are almost cooked through and have a nice crunch on the outside.
- Top the potatoes with chives, bacon bits, and cheese. Grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Skins