This is classic recipe of tom yum goong soup. I like all versions of this dish. Often I cook tom yum goong using prawns, chicken and mushrooms: https://www.hoohla.cooking/tom-yum-goong
A Thai classic and very simple soup. Pretty much this is a quick easy dish for home cooking. I use store-bought Tom Yum paste. I am not quite a master of cooking yet so I did not attempt to make everything from scratch.
The other tom yum goong soup ingredients are garlic, red onion, water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, mix seafood, fish meat, medium shrimp, calamari rings, oyster mushroom, fish sauce, lime juice, coriander, Thai Tom Yum Paste.
Heat oil in a pot. Add garlic and stir fry until aromatic. Add onion and cook, stirring, until onion is light brown. Than add Tom Yum paste and stir fry until fragrant.
Add the water and bring to boil, add tomatoes, lemongrass, mushrooms, lime leaves. Boil for 2 minutes. Add all the seafood in the pot along with the fish sauce and lime juice. Simmer until seafood is firm and cooked. Garnish tom yum going soup with fresh coriander before serving.Print
Tom Yum Goong Soup
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Thai
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 6–8 cups water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, scored (if using dry, soak in warm water until pliable)
- 250 gram of mix seafood; fish meat, medium shrimp (cleaned and deveined), calamari rings
- 1 packet of oyster mushroom, cut into half
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons of ready made Thai Tom Yum Paste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pot. Add in the garlic and stir fry until aromatic.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until onion is light brown.
- Add in the Tom Yum paste and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the water and bring to boil.
- Add tomatoes, lemongrass, mushrooms, lime leaves; return to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Place all the seafood in the pot along with the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Simmer for 3 more minutes, or until seafood are firm and cooked.
- Garnish soup with fresh coriander before serving.
Keywords: Tom Yum Goong