Traditional Pad Thai is one of the best Bangkok street foods. This recipe is with chicken. But you can also cook with shrimp.
- 12 ounces dry rice noodles
- 16 ounces chicken fillet boned and skinless
- 1 ounce butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tbsp chilies
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 5 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 4 tbsp peanuts crushed
- 3 spring onions chopped
- Put the noodles in cold water for 40 minutes. Drain and put it to one side.
- Cook the chicken fillets in the butter. Put to one side.
- Heat the oil and then break the eggs into the pan and scramble.
- Add the chicken and warm through for 5 minutes. Then add the noodles, chili, sugar, fish sauce and vinegar.
- Stir while cooking for a few minutes and then add the bean sprouts and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with the lemon slices, peanuts, and spring onions. Serve immediately.