The fragrant mild salty garlic Udon Noodle Soup the best with fried chicken. This will be your hot bowl of udon noodles in garlic-infused soup.
The secret to making the soup lies with one of my favorite sauce – Ninben Tsuyu No Moto. Ninben sauce is made up of dried Bonito Extract and Kelp Extract primarily so it adds extra smoky taste to the soup base.
Udon noodles can be bought at any Asian groceries over here. The key to making it springy is to cook them in hot boiling (slightly salted) water in a saucepan and then quickly rinse them under running cold water to stop the cooking process.
The recipe for the Udon noodle is as follows. Boil all ingredients in a large saucepan. You can adjust the recipe based on the water volume, however, the Ninben sauce ratio must always be more than soya sauce. Boil on high heat for 10 minutes and simmer for another 10 minutes before serving.
I like to prepare a set of vegetables i.e. carrots, choysum, scallions, shitake mushrooms and serve them with the noodles. Reason being the ingredients used to boil the soup stock can be a little overly soft and mushy to be consumed.
To serve Udon Noodle Soup assemble the boiled udon in a bowl, arrange the vegetables and ladle the hot soup over the noodles. Topped it up with chopped scallions.Print
Udon Noodle Soup
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 2–3 stalk of scallions (chopped them into 4–5 cm long stalk)
- 1 carrot (chopped them into shapes if you like)
- 5–6 cloves of garlic (almost half of the whole garlic)
- 2–3 dried Shitake mushrooms (as much as you like and also depending on its size) but soaked them in hot water before using it.
- 5 tablespoons of Ninben sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Daishi granules
- a dash of pepper
- Boil all ingredients in a large saucepan with about 800 ml of water.
- Boil on high heat for 10 minutes and simmer for another 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, assemble the boiled udon in a bowl, arrange the vegetables and ladle the hot soup over the noodles. Topped it up with chopped scallions.
Keywords: Soup, Udon Noodle Soup, Udon Noodle