Zucchini muffins a healthy recipe. I love old fashioned zucchini cake, but sadly the amount of sugar and oil in most of them pretty much negate any possible health effect one may get from the shards of green zucchini tucked in there. I reworked the standard recipe to make a much healthier zucchini muffins. This recipe is now almost healthy. They are moist, delicious, nicely spiced, and solidly passed the kid test!
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Instructions for zucchini muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Scoop by the 1/4 cupful into a muffin tin lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before eating.